Tooth-colored fillings are composite fillings that are used to fill cavities or minor cracks on the tooth to restore the teeth's structure, functionality, aesthetics, and strength, thus preventing pain and discomfort. At Oak Tree Dental Care, we offer strong, durable, and most natural-looking ceramic fillings that give a seamless, natural-looking, white smile.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings are usually made of composite material that is strong, durable, and resilient. One of the best things about tooth-colored fillings is that they can be shaded to resemble the exact color and appearance of your natural teeth. At Oak Tree Dental Care, Dr. Amin Tabatabaian and Dr. Subha use composite fillings to fix several dental concerns as they blend well with your natural teeth.
Tooth-colored or composite fillings are used to address the following dental problems:
- Repair cracked or broken teeth
- Fix minor chips
- Change or modify the shape of irregular teeth
- Fill in extra spaces between teeth
- Replace old or deteriorating silver fillings
- Since tooth-colored fillings can be made to match the color of the natural teeth, the aesthetics of their smile can be enhanced.
- Composite fillings easily bond to the natural tooth without the need for the removal of most of the tooth structure to restore the tooth.
- Tooth-colored fillings fix or repair tooth decay and cavities.
- The procedure involved in composite tooth filling is painless, quick, and causes no discomfort to the patient.
- If the patient follows good oral hygiene practices, the fillings are durable and last for long.
Placing a Tooth-Colored Filling - Procedure
At Oak Tree Dental Care, after evaluating the patient's dental condition and confirming the requirement of composite fillings, our dentists initiate the procedure by removing the damaged portion of the tooth during a dental filling procedure. Once the shade for the filling is chosen, our dentists will thoroughly clean the tooth to eliminate possible bacteria, if any, and prepare the tooth to receive the filling.
The tooth is then dried, and a dental adhesive is applied to the tooth to hold the filling material. After this, our dentists will fill the cavity using a tooth-colored filling and use a curing light to bond the material to the tooth, thus restoring it to its original functionality and structure. If needed, the tooth is also polished to give a look and feel of natural teeth.
If you would like to avail of our dental services, visit Oak Tree Dental Care at 10004 Aurora Ave N Suite 14, Seattle, WA 98133, or call dentists in Seattle WA at(206) 363-4300 to schedule an appointment.