As the name implies, restorative dentistry includes a wide array of dental services and treatments that are focused on repairing or replacing people's decayed, damaged, or lost teeth. Furthermore, restorative dental treatments also help prevent the spread of infections and restore the tooth's functionality. At Oak Tree Dental Care, the Seattle, WA dentist offers various restorative dental treatments to help patients restore their smiles, even under the most challenging circumstances.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
- Restorative dentistry procedures help improve or preserve jaw bone strength in patients.
- These procedures restore the smiles of the patient by restoring dental functionality.
- The bite condition of the patient can be improved with the help of restorative treatments - it helps correct overbite, underbite, and crossbite due to damaged teeth.
- Several restorative treatments can help align the teeth in their actual position and straighten them.
- Restorative dental treatments also help in repairing speech impairments caused by teeth loss.
What Issues Can Restorative Dentistry Fix?
- Missing teeth
- Broken teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Misaligned bite
- Periodontal disease or infection
- Tooth decay or cavities
- Damaged existing fillings
- Teeth worn-out due to grinding
At Oak Dental Care, when a patient visits us with dental issues, the Seattle, WA, dentist performs a thorough evaluation of their mouth with the help of visual examination and dental X-rays and determines the ideal restorative treatments.
Restorative Services at Oak Dental Care
Composite fillings are tooth-colored materials that are used to restore decayed teeth while maintaining a natural appearance. The dentist removes the decay, fills the tooth with a composite material, and hardens it using specialized light.
A dental bridge can be used to replace missing teeth and comprises one or more prosthetic teeth connected to two dental crowns on both sides.
At Oak Tree Dental Care, we offer both partial and complete dentures to fix multiple missing teeth within the same arch.
A dental implant includes a titanium screw that acts as the tooth's root. The metal post is surgically positioned in the patient's jawbone and is permitted to graft with the jawbone. Once the site is healed, the dentist covers the implant with a tooth-like restoration.
Inlays and onlays replace the damaged areas of the teeth and are sufficient to conceal and treat mild dental damages.
Nightguards can be worn during nights to prevent wear and tear to the teeth caused by teeth grinding and jaw clenching.
Root canal treatment involves the removal of the infected pulp from the severely decayed tooth and sealing it to stop future infection. The root-canaled tooth is further protected using a dental crown for additional support.
If you would like to avail of our dental services, visit Oak Tree Dental Care at 10004 Aurora Ave N Suite 14, Seattle, WA 98133, or call dentists in Seattle WA at(206) 363-4300 to schedule an appointment.