If you have a severely damaged or structurally weak tooth, a porcelain crown can help restore the functioning and aesthetics of your smile.
A porcelain dental crown is a cap that is placed over the patient's tooth to restore its size, contour, and strength while enhancing its appearance and function.
Whether a patient has a weak or compromised tooth that needs protection or is looking to replace an old metal restoration, all-porcelain crowns are an aesthetically pleasing option.
Need of Dental Crowns
If you have a cracked or discolored tooth, a porcelain crown can be used to take care of it. Porcelain dental crowns are used in both cosmetic and general dentistry procedures to address various dental concerns of the patients.
At Oak Tree Dental Care, Dr. Amin Tabatabaian and Dr. Subha recommend dental crowns as cosmetic and restorative treatment options in the following situations:
- To protect teeth weak teeth from further breakage or cracking
- To fix deep cavities with very little tooth structure by replacing extensive fillings with dental crowns
- To protect the tooth with compromised strength after a root canal procedure by capping it
- To restore worn-down teeth
- To protect cracked or broken teeth
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cap off dental implants
- To conceal the defects of stained or severely discolored teeth by covering them
- To restore an already broken tooth.
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns look natural and much like real teeth. Besides, they are a safe, biocompatible, and metal-free tooth replacement option that provides additional strength and protection to weak teeth.
Procedure For Placing Porcelain Crowns
At Oak Tree Dental Care, the procedure of placing dental crowns involve the following steps:
1. The patient will have to visit our Seattle, WA, dental office at least two times. During the first visit, once our dentists confirm the patient's requirement of crowns, we will start the procedure. To prepare the tooth for crowns, we may repair or fill the tooth so that the dental crown will fit over it well.
2. Once the tooth preparation is done, we will obtain an impression of the patient's tooth and it is sent to the dental lab for fabricating the porcelain crown. Our dentists will place a temporary crown to cover the patient's tooth till the permanent crown is ready for placement.
3. During the next appointment, our dentists will replace the temporary crown with the permanent porcelain crown that will be bonded over the tooth.
If you would like to avail of our dental services, visit Oak Tree Dental Care at 10004 Aurora Ave N Suite 14, Seattle, WA 98133, or call dentists in Seattle WAat(206) 363-4300 to schedule an appointment.