At Oak Tree Dental Care, our dentists Dr. Amin Tabatabaian and Dr. Subha, offer non-removable prostheses called dental implants that restore our patients' missing or lost teeth and improve their oral health and dental functionality.
Dental implants are metal posts surgically placed inside the patient's jawbone to replace the missing tooth's root. The implants are allowed to bond and fuse with the neighboring bones over some duration and support the artificial prosthesis like a dental crown, dental bridge, or dentures that are fixed on the top of the implants to provide a fully functional tooth to the patient.
Who is a Candidate for Dental Implant Treatment?
Patients with one or more missing teeth in their mouth can benefit from dental implants if they meet certain criteria. The important one is that the patient should have a good bone density to support and hold the dental implant in place. Besides, having healthy gums can help in the recovery process following an implant procedure. Patients with health concerns like a weak immune system, diabetes, etc., should undergo necessary tests to analyze if they are suitable candidates for the implant process.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Replacing missing teeth using dental implants offer several benefits, making them one of the most preferred dental restorative options. They include the following:
- Implants help maintain the integrity of jaw bone even after tooth loss.
- Since the placement of the implant process does not involve any bridgework on the adjacent teeth, the health of the adjacent teeth is not affected.
- Implants make it possible to eliminate or replace loose-fitting dentures.
- Restoring missing teeth with implants helps in the even distribution of bite forces evenly throughout the mouth.
- Implants are not distinguishable - they function and feel like natural teeth.
- Implants help to improve the patient's speaking ability by eliminating bulky dentures.
Dental Implant Placement - Procedure
At Oak Tree Dental care, Dr. Amin Tabatabaian and Dr. Subha perform the dental implant procedure by following these steps. After creating a treatment plan for the patient using dental scans and X-rays, we start the procedure by administering anesthesia to numb the area. We make a surgical opening in the patient's gums to place the implant into the jawbone, after which the incision is closed.
The bone is allowed to fuse and grow around the implant over a few months. After the fusing is complete, the dentist attaches an abutment to the implant to support the artificial tooth. A custom-made crown is then placed on the top of the implant and abutment to complete the process.
If you would like to avail of our dental services, visit Oak Tree Dental Care at 10004 Aurora Ave N Suite 14, Seattle, WA 98133, or call dentists in Seattle WA at (206) 363-4300 to schedule an appointment.